Benefits: High in protein, high in fibre, powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties and can support with digestion issues.
100g Chickpea flour
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
½ teaspoon baking powder
65g cooked sweet potato mashed
1 cup cooked spinach
2 cups of grated carrots
1. If you are using fresh spinach, start by wilting them in a skillet.
2. Then cut into small pieces.
3. In a large mixing bowl, add the chickpea flour, salt, turmeric powder, and baking powder. 4. Whisk to combine.
5. Add the water and whisk well to remove any lumps.
6. Add the cooked mashed sweet potato and mix well into the batter.
7. Now add the chopped coriander leaves, cooked spinach, and grated carrots.
8. The consistency of the batter is rather thick with all the vegetables well "glued" together. 9. You may adjust the water with a few more tablespoons if you feel the batter is too stiff.
10. Heat a non-stick frying pan or skillet on medium. Lightly brush the pan with a little oil.
11. Ladle some of the batter on the hot pan and spread the batter around to make a rather thin pancake.
12. Cook for 3 minutes on one side then flip and cook for another 3 minutes.
13. Flip again and cook for a final one minute. Then remove from the pan and place into a serving plate.
14. Repeat for the rest of the batter.