Benefits: Good source of plant-based protein, contains all amino acids. Rich in copper, zinc and vitamin B1.
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup diced onion (optional)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 bell pepper, half red and half yellow (optional)
1 cup of greens, spinach or mixed greens (optional)
1 block organic extra firm tofu
1 tsp sea salt
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
1. Do use your hands to pull bite-sized pieces of tofu apart.
2. Squeeze the tofu in your hand to squeeze out excess water, then place it in a non-stick skillet.
3. Turn the heat up to medium and sprinkle all the salt, garlic powder, onion powder, turmeric and nutritional yeast over the tofu.
4. Give it a stir, then add the water over the top and continue to stir until it’s all combined.
5. If cooking onions, peppers, and greens, add them now. 6. Continue to cook until all the water has cooked out, stir occasionally, until all the veggies are done and tofu is warm.
7. Taste test a bite to see if it needs more seasoning.