Updated: Jan 10
Benefits: High protein, low carb, a source of healthy fats and includes ingredients that are anti-inflammatory.
¼ tsp sea salt
1¼ cups whole-grain gluten-free flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tbsp ground flaxseed
1 cup almond milk
1 tbsp pure maple syrup or ¼ tsp stevia powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp unsweetened cacao powder
1. Combine the dry ingredients (flour, cacao powder, baking powder, flax, and salt) in a medium bowl.
2. Whisk until fully combined.
3. Combine the wet ingredients (almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla, and vinegar) in a small bowl, and whisk well.
4. Add the mixtures together and stir until the batter is just combined.
5. Let the batter stand for 10 minutes while it rises and thickens as the flaxseeds soak; it may nearly double in size.
6. Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat and mist with a tiny bit of nonstick spray, if desired.
7. Scoop the batter into 3-inch rounds.
8. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the bubbles have burst in each of the pancakes and the tops start to appear dry.
9. Flip the pancakes and cook for 1 to 2 minutes more. You should get 12 pancakes total.