Pumpkin and Butternut squash soup
Benefits: High in beta carotene, a good source of vitamin C, low calorie, high fibre, source of complex carbs and supports with digestion.
¼ red onion
1 carton kidney beans
1 small butternut squash
1 cho cho
1 scotch bonnet
2 sprigs thyme
1. Cut pumpkin and butternut squash into cubes
2. Place in saucepan with onion and thyme bring to boil and boil for 10 mins
3. Lower heat and let cook for a further 20 minutes
4. Add cho cho and boil for a further 5 minutes simmer heat and cook for 10 mins
5. Add scotch bonnet, leek and vegetable stock and cook on a medium to low heat for a further 10 mins
6. Add kidney beans and cook on a low heat for 5 mins. Stir regularly.