To support incorporating anti-inflammatory foods into your diet try this recipe.
Benefits: High in protein, a good source of iron, high in magnesium and full of fibre.
1/2 tsp himalayan salt
1 tbsp olive oil
1 cup dried red lentils
1 small yellow onion diced
1 whole bay leaf
2 tbsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 large celery stalks diced
4 cups of water
Please soak lentils overnight in cold water to reduce phytic acid.
1. Heat olive oil in a pan, add carrot, celery, onion, and salt and stir to combine
2. Let the vegetables sweat for 5 minutes
3. Add lentils, water, and bay leaf and bring up to a boil
4. Reduce the heat to low and let simmer, cover for about 20 – 30 minutes
5. Turn off heat and stir in lemon juice, taste and season with extra salt if needed